Monday, August 27, 2012

Vanilla Scented House

I'm a sucker for a house smelling like baked goods!  So when I see ways to replicate it without actually cooking, I'm on board!

Website

Directions
Put two caps full of vanilla extract in a coffee cup, then place it in the oven at 300 degrees for one hour. Within twenty minutes the whole house smells like Heaven. It's actually a common realtor trick.

Problem
2 caps full of vanilla does NOT last for 1 hour in the oven.  It was cooked out before a half hour was up.  I didn't think that it would be enough liquid for scenting the house once it was poured into the mug.

The house smelled mildly like vanilla.  I was hoping for a plethora of vanilla.  I wanted it to smell like a candle without using a candle (because I can't stand candles).  

DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME!  Maybe I should try this with more vanilla but it seems like it's easier to use oils.

No comments:

Post a Comment