Sunday, July 15, 2012

DIY Halter Top - NO SEW

I thought this title was too good to be true, but it turned out pretty great.  I actually combined this project with the dying project, so the shirt will look familiar.

Here's the directions
I'm having you go to the site because they use pictures to show you where to cut and it would be too hard to explain.

Here's my shirt

My only complaint is that I feel like it is too loose in the back.  I will probably stitch up both sides to take it in a bit to make it feel more fitted.  Other than that, it's a really simple shirt to make.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there,

    I HATE shirts, and halters are the closest top to being naked without being wrong in the public eye. I'm so glad they exist... So for this halter that you posted, another way to tie it would be to:

    1. tie a knot right where in the middle where the breast crevice is. (I tried to make that sound as decent as possible... but boob crack.)

    2. Then go ahead and tie it around your neck. This way you wont have to feel suffocated by the halter. :]

    I'm not sure if you have enough fabric for this. I saw from the back picture, you still had some length to it, so I thought you might like to try it.

    xoxo, Cyn.

    ReplyDelete