Friday, July 20, 2012

Cleaning Rust Off Knives

I was starting to think it was time for new knives since ours had rust on them.  I'm assuming that's not the most healthy or sanitary thing to cut with.

All I have to do is soak them in lemon juice???

Website

Pictures

BEFORE


The knives soaking on the left


The finished product on the right (pretty darn clean)

Problem:
I had them soak for about eight hours because I wasn't seeing anything happen.  Then my husband says wow that really did work.  I thought he was nuts because I just looked at them and they had rust all over them.  He said you need to take them out of the juice and wipe them off.  That would have been good to know before they soaked for eight hours and me ready to call this one a dud.  So I'm not sure how long it takes, but go ahead and derustify those knives!

No comments:

Post a Comment