Friday, July 20, 2012

Summer Towel with Pillow

We are leaving for the beach soon so I really wanted to make this.  I mean its perfect, a pillow inside a towel that can roll up and have pockets on the outside.  Heaven!

Website Directions:



This project was a mess.  I understand that I haven't been sewing long, but come on.  I was already questioning it when it said to stick velcro to a towel.  I thought it might rip some of the towel if you continuously did that, but I really wanted one.

So here's all of my problems:
1. As soon as I cut the towel to make the straps, the towel started leaving those fuzzy things everywhere.
2. I made the straps as instructed but they were so hard to turn inside out because they were skinny.  I probably could have cut them bigger, but I was trying to follow the directions.  So because of this problem, one of the strips actually ripped apart when I was pulling it through.  So I was going to have one strap and I still thought I could improvise.
3. Sewing the 2 towels together is tough because it's so thick.
4. I was going to use a pillow instead of fluff because there isn't any at my fabric store.  My pillow has trouble fitting.  See how the sides are the same all the way down the towels?  Well mine wouldn't sew like that because the pillow took up too much space.

My Pictures (I don't have a picture of the ripped handle because I got so mad that I threw it out)

If you find one on the market, I suggest paying for it.  It's not worth the frustration.  I think I'll just take a pillow to the beach and lay on the blanket that I already own.

1 comment:

  1. Never-Missed https://www.nicheforbeach.com/ Beach Products for Summer - DONE

    The weather is getting warmer, the nights are becoming balmier and the beach is starting to beckon you onto its sandy shores and into its blue waters; summer is simply around the corner. Whether you are thinking of holding your yearly summer season BBQ at the beach, or celebrating your best friends baby shower at one of the beach parks, we have actually got you covered with five of the most popular beach-product patterns right now.

    1. Handbags

    What is simply more ideal than trends that support craftsmens across the universe and are environment-friendly?!

    These are the bags of summertime 2018, handcrafted, chic, practical, and desirable. There are 6 straw handbags that you will see on the highways from California to Milan. The 6 straw summer bags are The French Net Bag, The Abaca Straw Tote, Hand Woven Straw Tote, The Straw Circle Bag, The Circle Cross Body Bag, The Bamboo Clutch. These merchandisers are the way to go, since they are at the same time inexpensive and making waves worldwide of ethics and sustainability. Now, go get that bag you have actually had your eye on!

    2. Summer Swimwear

    If you're thinking about acquiring a plain, common swimwear or one-piece beach costume to revive your beach wear collection, you are simply wrong. There are loads of varying brand-new styles for summer season of 2019 to choose. Since you'll use most of the moment on the beach from early morning to night time, there's a sort of beachwear regulation as well as rigorous fashion rules to follow: a specific beachwear type for every event or occasion of the day. And considering that we want it both sexy, chic and stashing our minor complexes, there exists a number of online boutique offering a cool and trendy selection of the best brands globally.

    3. Summer Towel

    Whether drying away after going swimming, passing time on the sand, or laying out in the sun's rays (with sunblock of course!), a beach summer towel is a summer must-have. Though not all beach towels are constructed equal. To ensure that you're investing in the ideal beach towel capable, there are a couple of significant beach towel purchasing techniques you ought to consult when buying:

    Fiber material: Basically, summer beach towels are made of 100% cotton terrycloth, however, more choices are available in microfiber fabric. Natural cotton has the timeless looped type that is more plush and absorptive https://www.nicheforbeach.com/products/round-beach-towel, whereas microfiber has a softer surface and also dries faster.

    Use cases: If you are utilizing the towel usually for relaxing on the sand, try to use a sand-resistant pick or relaxing summer beach blanket. A more plush, absorbing alternative is better suited for drying off post-swim at the pool or beach.

    4. Summer Accessories

    Brighten your search for summer season's longer days, warmer nights, and beachy afternoons with casual, long lasting canvas-inspired accessories. Not only are they produced the fresh air, they likewise match completely with your preferred warm-weather staple: khaki pants.

    A colorful scarf, a light in weight leather case as well as classy sunglasses are the awesome summer accessories for a warm summer day. French manufactured jewellery and watch manufacturer Cartier has developed a beautiful series of beach summer accessories for girls to brighten up your style.

    ReplyDelete