Friday, August 10, 2012

Olive Garden Dressing

I just love Olive Garden's Italian Dressing!  I know that you can buy it from them, or at least used to be able to buy it, but why not make it at home?  I would much rather make dressings than buy them in the store.

I really think that this was a great dressing.  I haven't had Olive Garden in awhile to determine how close they are in taste.  This is a dressing that I will continue to make.  
 
My Dressing
 

Website

Directions
Ingredients:
1 packet Good Seasonings Italian Dressing
(Ingredients needed to make dressing; oil, water, vinegar)
½ tsp. dried Italian Seasoning
½ tsp. table salt
¼ tsp. black pepper
½ tsp. sugar
¼ tsp. garlic powder
½ tbsp. mayonnaise (no Miracle Whip, please)
¼ cup olive oil
2 tbs. white vinegar
1 ½ tbsp. water
If you've never seen Good Seasons Italian Dressing before, you can usually find it down the aisle in your grocery store where all the other salad dressings are.  The packets are usually near where they keep the packets of ranch dressing. Most stores carry the boxed sets that also come with the salad dressing cruet like the one I have above.
Directions:
Prepare Good Seasonings Italian Seasonings Dressing as it states on back of packet.
The packet makes just a small bit of dressing.
Once prepared, pour dressing in a medium bowl, then add additional ingredients
listed above (starting with the dried Italian Seasoning).
Using a whisk, mix all ingredients until mixed thoroughly combined and pour it into a container with a lid.
Mason jars also work well for this.
Serve with your favorite salad fixings.
Store unused dressing in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 4 weeks. 
Be sure to give the bottle a good shake before using.

1 comment:

  1. It's been a few years since I've had OG salad dressing, but I love your recipe! Thank's for sharing! I could eat this every day!

    ReplyDelete