Monday, December 10, 2012

Brussel Sprouts

I'm not a huge fan of brussel sprouts but sometimes I want a different side dish.  I feel like I'm always cooking the same side dishes.

Website

Directions
Ingredients
  • 2 lb Brussel Sprouts
  • 4 tbsp olive oil
  • 5 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 lemon, juiced and zested
  • 3 tbsp gruyere, grated
  • sea salt
  • pepper

Instructions
  1. Clean the brussel sprouts by trimming off the ends and peeling the outer layer of the sprout off. Cut each one in half.
  2. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
  3. Once heated, add the halved brussel sprouts to the pan and saute for about 7-8 minutes on each side until the outer part is a caramelized brown and the inside is soft and fully cooked.
  4. Add the garlic half way through the cooking.
  5. Reduce the heat to low and add the lemon zest, juice, salt and pepper.
  6. Stir to combine and taste. Adjust seasoning if needed. Add the cheese on top and serve.
Their Picture




My Thoughts
These were good brussel sprouts.  My husband doesn't eat brussel sprouts and he said they are the best he has ever had.  That being said, he will only eat a couple and hope that I don't make them often.  I will use this recipe again, despite no one else in the family wanting to eat them.

My Picture
 

No comments:

Post a Comment