Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Oven Cleaner

I bought this oven cleaner and it got almost all of my oven clean.  There's these little specks on the window that I cannot get off.  Of course I'm going to try something from Pinterest to see if it will work on those specks.

Website
http://diyhshp.blogspot.com/2011/11/how-to-clean-oven-glass-it-seriously-is.html

Directions and Pictures
ant to clean your oven? I promise its super easy.
Ingredients:
Water
Baking Soda
Add about a 1/4 cup of baking soda in a dish and mix just enough water to make a slightly runny paste. 
Spread your mixture all over your glass (and the door if it needs it too. Mine did).
Wait 15-20 minutes (or if it is really, really bad like mine you can wait 30 minutes. Not sure if this is necessary but that's what I did.).
After 15, 20, or 30 minutes wipe off. If there are still spots left they should easily scrub off with a scour pad.
And Voila...
 
 
My Thoughts
 
Well my specks are still there and my oven looks the exact same as when I started.  I actually think this was harder to clean off of the oven because the baking soda is hard.  It took me several paper towels and cleaning wipes to get all of the cleaner off.  I wouldn't bother with this again.
 
My Pictures
(notice on the second picture that the specks are still there)
 

 


 
Don't waste your time!

No comments:

Post a Comment